Thursday, April 28, 2011

What's in my Makeup Travel Bag?

I figured since I never get enough time to do my makeup at home before I leave somewhere, it'll make my life easier if I have all the things I need in my makeup bag. I wanted to share some of the stuff I keep in there from full on face products to eyes and lip products. These are usually what I carry when I go on long trips as well.

Now, mind you, these are products that I only carry with me if I haven't
already done my makeup. If I have already then I would usually just
throw an eyeliner, blot powder, and whatever lipstick/gloss I'm wearing that day into
my purse so I can reapply throughout the day.

Here is my makeup bag that I put everything in. It is fairly big and amazingly fits a lot of stuff in it. I bought if from Sephora a couple of years ago and it's proven to be incredibly durable. I love that it's hot pink and very simple.


Here are the brushes that I carry with me. I carry 3 face brushes and 3 eye brushes that I use most for my everyday makeup routine. Starting on the left row: MAC 109 (for blush application), ELF Blushing, Bronzing, and Blending brush (for contouring), Coastal Scents Flat Mineral Bronzer Buffer Large brush (for powder application). Now for the right row: Sonia Kashuk Angle brush (for filling in eyebrows), MAC 224 (for blending e/s), and Sigma E60 (for packing color on lid).

Next are my face products that I have been using every single day nonstop. Top row from left to right: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Light (I love this primer! It makes my skin super smooth therefore allowing flawless makeup application.), Stila Illumination Tinted Moisturizer in shade 2 (I don't really like this tinted moisturizer because like its name, it is illuminated and gives off a very shiny effect. It contains shimmers in it because it's purpose is to give off that dewy/glowy look. Because I have oily skin, I feel that it just adds on to my oil and makes me look like a disco ball. I would not recommend this to others with oily skin like me. A big tip/suggestion to those who do have it and want to take away the shine is to apply powder over it. Preferably matte. I'm just really trying to use it up for my money's worth.), Bare Minerals Summer Bisque Multi-tasking Minerals (I'm basically trying to use this powder up. It gives pretty good coverage, but is not matte. It's perfect for a light dusting over foundation or tinted moisturizer.), MAC Blot Pressed Powder in Medium Dark (I use this throughout the day when I want to reduce shine. I like that it doesn't add any more coverage or color to your makeup because that would make it look overly powdery. It's good to have in your purse for touch-ups.), lastly MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle (This gives a very nice and subtle highlight to my cheekbones. I never use it on my T-zone because it will add onto my oily skin. I like apply it only to the high points of my cheeks so that I can have a hint of glowiness.)

Bottom row from left to right: MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Strada (I use this to contour my cheekbones, my nose, and my jaw area. It's unfortunate that this product is discontinued. I love it and have been using it for quite a long time now. I like how it's not too dark so that I can build up the color.), MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Dame (I love using this to give me a light flush of color on the apples of my cheeks. It's a blue-toned pink so it's nothing too bright and because it's a satin finish it's not overly shimmery either.), lastly is MAC's Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer in NC30 (For the longest time, I've strayed from this concealer because it is very cakey. I've recently started using it in determination to use it up. I think it's gotten creamier being untouched throughout the year. Before it would apply very thick and cakey, but now it applies much better and smoother. It almost feels like liquid on my skin now, which I much prefer over cream concealer.)

Here are the eye products that I use. Top row from left to right: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler (My all-time favorite eyelash curler. It never pinches my lids like all of the other eyelash curlers I've tried because I have a hooded lid and the excess skin always gets pinched. With this baby, however, it never happens and it always gives a nice dramatic curl.), Coastal Scents 12 palette that contains my 7 MAC eye shadows, 2 Coastal Scents Hotpots, and 1 SMH eye shadow (I love all of these colors to work with for a nice neutral eye to a dramatic smokey eye or a fun colorful eye.), Covergirl Lashblast Hydrofuge Waterproof Mascara (My HG mascara! This is my third tube and I will never get tired of it. It amps up my lashes and gives them maximum volume which I love!)

Bottom row from top to bottom: Two Faced Eye Shadow Insurance (I love this product, but it never lasts for more than 6 hours on me until it starts to crease. I'm just trying to use this product for my money's worth.), Eyes Lips Face Under Eye Concealer & HighItaliclighter (I've had this product for the longest time. It works decently as concealer for my under eyes. I hardly use the highlighter though.), L'Oreal Carbon Black Linear Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner (I've drifted from liquid eyeliners for a long time because I've had such bad experience with them when I was younger, but wanted to try them out again especially for lining my eyes when I have false eyelashes on so that it can cover the gaps of the false eyelashes and not make them as noticeable. I love this liquid eyeliner! It does not flake off whatsoever and lasts pretty decently throughout the day. I also love that the handle has two slanted ridges that makes it easy for you to hold steadily to create a nice thin line.), MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Stubborn Brown (I love this eyeliner for lining my waterline because it is a very intense dark brown almost black color. I love that it's not as dramatic as black, but is dark enough to make my eyes stand out. It's supposed to be waterproof, but it's really not. After 2-3 hours, it will begin to smudge and transfer down my lower lash line.)

Lastly, the lip product that I use. I usually just pack a lipstick because I'm not a big gloss fan. I like using it occasionally, but not everyday. Only when I want a little shine. Here I have MAC lipstick in Marquise D' from the MAC Wonder Woman Collection (One of my fave lipsticks. This lipstick has a nude-ish pink color with gold shimmers perfect for every day wear. It is super pretty and I love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment