Thursday, April 28, 2011

Perfect Coral Lipstick for Spring!

Rimmel's Lasting Finish Lipstick in Crush is a prime example of a good coral lipstick. I've had this lipstick in my collection for awhile, but have sort of strayed from it. The reason is because I've never had the nerve to rock coral lips, but since the hot new trend for this spring season are orange/coral lips I've been wearing this lipstick out all most everyday and have been putting it to good use. It's not a true bright orange so I still feel pretty safe wearing it. There are hints of nude in it as well. Yet once in the light, you can definitely detect the coral color. This color is definitely build-able so you can apply more if you want a more orange-y tint.

It does have a frosty finish, which is the main reason why I've strayed from it. I'm not a big fan of frosty lip colors because it makes my lips look overly shimmery thus making it look totally unflattering with my skin tone. (I'm an NC30-35 in MAC shades.) Lately, I've been putting up with it because I really like the color. With the the frostiness, you hardly need gloss. Just be sure to moisturize your lips before applying because it can be a bit drying.

Overall, I think it's a very pretty color minus the frostiness and would recommend it for anyone on the hunt for a very pretty yet subtle coral lipstick. =]


1 comment: