Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nail Polish Haul

Throughout April and May, I've made various nail polishes purchases here and there. I thought I'd share them in case anyone out there is on the hunt for these particular colors as well. I've been really wanting to get my hands on some of the new OPI color shatter nail polishes. I've seen so many reviews on them and would really like to get the blue, silver, white, and red ones. Anyway, the first picture is actually a nail polish haul that can be purchased at the drugstores. I bought these at CVS. The second picture consists of nail polish
es that my husband purchased at a beauty store in a shopping outlet as a gift for Mother's Day. They are all OPI nail polishes.

From left to right:
I was so excited to finally get my hands on the infamous Seche Vite top coat. I've used it twice already and I love it! Combined with my OPI Drip Dry Nail Lacquer Drying Drops, it works like a miracle! My nails are dried to the touch right away and does not get nicked or get ridges even after I start touching things like it usually does.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Pedal to the Metal is a gorgeous metallic gunmetal color with hints of silver and purple. I haven't tried it yet, but cannot wait to!

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Fairy Teal is the perfect teal that I've been searching for. Teal is my favorite color of all time and I haven't had success in finding the right teal color that I've always loved. Most people describe teal as a light bluish turquoise color, but that's not the color that I love. My kind of teal is a dark greenish blue color. I'm so glad I've found this nail polish color because I adore it!

Essie's Tart Deco is a very neon bright coral-ish color. It's a bit milky, but when applied it's actually is pretty opaque. I've just experience slight streaking. I like it, but I've still not succeeded at finding the right cream coral nail polish color. Either it's too pink or too orange. The closest thing to a coral is OPI's Melon of Troy, but it's a shimmer.

Essie's Chinchilly is a very pretty slate gray color. I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but I definitely will once Fall comes 'round.

Last, is Milani's Nail Lacquer Neon in Fresh Teal. It's just like Sally Hansen's Fairy Teal, but a neon version and is much brighter. I like it just as much as the Sally Hansen one. It applies very opaque and really impressed me for I've never tried one of Milani's nail polishes before.

From left to right:
I finally bought myself a stark white cream nail polish color so that I can create french tips or just basically paint all of my nails white. It'll look gorgeous especially with a tan. This is OPI's Alpine Snow.

OPI's Skull and Glossbones is a light grayish bone cream color. This is actually a color from the new Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides collection. I don't own any light gray colors so I thought this would be nice to have on your nails for the summer with a tan of course.

Next, is OPI's Stranger Tides which is a very light greenish gray cream color. It's very unique and I thought it'd be great to have it in my collection. I haven't tried it on so I don't know how it looks on the nails, but I'll def take a picture when I do. This one also came out with the Pirates of the Caribbean collection.

OPI's Mermaid's Tears is a beautiful sea-foam green cream color. It's kind of a minty, mid-tone green and not too bright as well. This is the last of nail polishes that I got from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection. It's super pretty on the nails, but I forgot to take a picture of it. Will do next time I paint them that color.

I bought OPI's Mod-ern Girl because I was searching for the right coral color and it looked perfect from the bottle. Disappointingly, when I applied it it's more of a pinky reddish coral color. It's still a very pretty color, but applies quite streaky. Even after two coats, I can still see spots of my actual nails underneath.

Lastly, I've been eyeing this color for a very long time. This is OPI's Mystery from their DS (Designer Series) line. It's a very beautiful deep plummy purple color with lots of gold shimmers. It's going to be perfect to wear for the colder seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment