Monday, April 4, 2011

Amazing OPI Nail Polish Haul!

Yesterday, my little family and I spent our Sunday in a city located approximately 30 minutes away from where we live. We frequently travel to this city because the town we live in is extremely small and does not offer a lot of shopping outlets. We needed a few things that the stores here do not carry.

First we went to the mall and browsed around some stores. We bought my daughter some things from Gap and I saw that they had their own line of nail polishes. Hm, interesting right? I've never seen them before and their packaging looks a lot like the Chanel nail polishes. I thought about getting them because there were a lot of pretty colors. There was this gray and this teal one that stood out to me and was on the verge of getting them, but I thought I'd rather not because I already have tons of nail polishes so I put them back.

Then when we walked by JCPennys I couldn't resist the temptation anymore so I asked my hubby if we could go to the nail salon in JCPennys. Now this salon carries OPI nail polishes and we both know about my infatuation with them, but like the sweet and understanding hubby is, he gave a sigh and nodded his head. =]

When we got on the second floor where it was located, I walked into the salon already expecting all of the OPI Katy Perry collection to be out of stock. But...they weren't! Most importantly, they had the infamous Black Shatter in stock. 4 of them! The only one they didn't have from the collection is Not Like the Movies. I already owned Teenage dream and I didn't care for Last Friday Night because I've seen so many reviews saying that it's very sheer and not as opaque as it looks on in the bottle. I also didn't care much for The One that Got Away because I already have so many colors like it so I immediately grabbed the Black Shatter and moved to the OPI nail polish rack to pick out other colors. It was so funny and I felt like such a kid in a candy store. I grabbed what I wanted and held it close to me. There was really no need for that because it seemed like no one even cared about the nail polishes. The salon was busy with people going in for hair cuts and mani/pedi, but no one was even hoarding the awesome OPI nail polishes like I was. I was thankful and relieved for that. That place will definately be my go-to OPI nail polish store. =]

After I picked out 5 others colors that I've been eyeing and had them rung up, I was pleasantly suprised that the cashier lady had given me a sale discount. I saved $17.00! My entire purchase only came out to $35.00! I was extremely ecstatic although my friends thought I was crazy for spending so much on nail polish when I told them. I can't help it--I'm obssessed! =P

Anyway, I picked out a few other OPI colors including the Black Shatter. Here is a picture of them. From left to right: Nomad's Dream (1998 Painted Desert Collection), Lucerne-tainly look Marvelous (2010 Swiss Collection), I Vant to be a-Lone Star (2011 Texas Collection), Black Shatter (2011 Katy Perry Collection), Bubble Bath (this is almost an exact dupe to my Wet n Wild Sugar Coat) (2004 Sheer Romance Collection), and Hawaiian Orchid (2009 Soft Shades Collection).

No comments:

Post a Comment