Sunday, April 10, 2011

OPI Black Shatter Effect

Last Monday, 04/04/2011, I painted my nails using the OPI Black Shatter on top of China Glaze's For Audrey. I really wanted the base color to pop against the black; therefore, I chose For Audrey. I think it created a very nice contrast with the dark polish against the bright one.

I was super excited when I applied the Black Shatter. It began working instantly. I tried very hard not to apply too much, because I wanted the very small crackled effect which I find looks better. It left a very matte finish when dried and felt very grainy. After I applied a top coat, it looked better but I can still feel the bumps and lines. Now, I wasn't very pleased with the result because my top coat isn't super shiny so my nails just looked kind of dull but with a very cool pattern. I really need to invest in some Seche Vite. I'm just trying to use up my current top coat in the meantime.

I wanted to do a little experimentation with how long the polish will last so I've had them on for a week now. It is Monday 04/10/2011 today and I have to say, there's been a very minimal amount of chipping. Usually, by day 3 after I did my nails, the polish would begin to chip already. Oddly enough, my nails started chipping around day 5 and they're not huge or anything. Just very small chips at the end of my nails. For other polishes, typically they would begin to just peel off on their own because I am very hard on my hands. A lot of the time, I'd find myself scraping off the polish with my other fingernails out of boredom (because I can't bite them of course =P) and they come off very easily. With these, I tried to scrape them off but for some reason they seem to be formed very thickly onto my nails that it's hard to scrape them off. So far, I'm very pleased with this polish and cannot wait to use it to paint over other fun colors!

Here is a picture the day I painted my nails. This is OPI's Black Shatter (2011 Katy Perry Collection) on top of China Glaze's For Audrey.


No comments:

Post a Comment