Friday, April 1, 2011

Nail Polish Addict on the Rise!

As of late, I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos about nail art tutorials and just nail polishes in general. I've picked up on a few top nail polish brands and colors. I've never been a big nail polish girl. I mean, they're pretty and I would give myself a manicure every once in a long while, but I just didn't care too much for it.



The main reason I hardly painted my nails was because I developed a habit of biting my nails. Like the saying "Old habits die hard", it was truly hard for me to give up biting my nails. I would bite them down to the point where half of my skin on the tip of my fingers were showing and bleeding. It was so painful, yet I still did it. I still remember how I got into biting my fingernails. I was pretty young and kept seeing people I know including actors/actresses bite their nails. I wondered to myself "What's so good about biting your nails? Maybe I'll try it." So I did. Soon, I couldn't stop. I didn't bite my nails because of nerves or stress like some people do; it was mainly just because of boredom. There's nothing to do so I bite my nails. For this year's resolution, I wanted to give up biting my nails so I can take care of them and stop being jealous of other girls' pretty nails. So I did. It was hard at the beginning to tame my urge, but I soon got the hang of it. Plus, I kept them painted consistently so it became hard to bite such pretty nails.

Anyway, my nail biting story is besides the point of this blog. I wanted to post some pictures to show the health of my nails and how proud I am of myself for following through with this resolution. Now, I don't desire super long nails. I've always liked short, clean, and healthy nails so my nails aren't super long or anything. That's just my preference. I'm also going to post some pictures of my growing nail polish collection. That's been one of my current obsessions.

My favorite nail polish brand at the moment is OPI Nail Laquer. I like them because they have a super handy pro-wide brush that makes application super easy and because their nail polish formula is incredibly opaque. I've been very satisfied with all of my OPI colors. The only downfall is that they're not easily accesible to my location so I have to either order or travel to get my hands on them. On top of that is the price, which the MSRP is typically around $8.00-$9.00. Nonetheless, there are e-tailers online that sell them for reasonable prices depending on the popularity and rarity of the colors. My two favorite websites to shop for OPI nail polishes are http://www.transdesign.com/ and http://www.mbeautylounge.com/. All right, enough about my rambling. Let's get on to the pictures!

Here is a picture of my current nails. As you can see, my nails aren't overly long or short. I like this length where the nail is just covering the tip of my fingers. This polish is called "Do you lilac it?" by OPI.
Here's is an overview of my entire collection. I keep them stored in one of these boxes that you can find at any office supply store. I got mine at Walmart for around $4.00-$5.00. I have a range of drugstore nail polishes to some China Glaze and the majority consists of OPI.Here are some of my prized OPI nail polishes. From left to right: San Tan-tonio (2011 Texas Collection), Lincoln Park After Dark (2005 Chicago Collection), Meet Me on the Star Ferry (2010 Hong Kong Collection), My Private Jet (2008 Night Brights Collection), What's with the Cattitude? (Shrek Forever After Collection), You Don't Know Jacques! (2008 La Collection de France), Do you Lilac It? (2010 OPI Brights Collection), Melon of Troy (2004 Greek Isles Collection), and Manicurist of Seville (2009 Espana Collection). Here are more OPI nail polishes. From left to right: Romeo and Joliet (1997 Route 66 Collection), Ski Teal we Drop (2010 Swiss Collection), Diva of Geneva (2010 Swiss Collection), Cuckoo for This Color (2010 Swiss Collection), OPI Ink (2008 Night Brights Collection), Big Apple Red (OPI Classics), Jade is the New Black (2010 Hong Kong Collection), and Japanese Rose Garden (2000 Far East Collection). Finally, my last 6 OPI nail polish colors. From Left to Right: Dim Sum Plum (2010 Hong Kong Collection), Barefoot in Barcelona (2009 Espana Collection), Teenage Dream (2011 Katy Perry Collection), Sparkle-licious (2010 Burlesque Collection), Bring on the Bling (2010 Burlesque Collection), and Tease-y Does It (2010 Burlesque Collection). Here is my OPI Original Nail Envy and my OPI Drip Dropper. The Nail Envy is a nail strengthener to help brittle nails from peeling so that they can grow hard and healthy. The Drip Dropper is supposed to speed up the drying process. I tried it out the other night when I painted my nails in the picture above and it dried instantly, but it doesn't harden the nail right away. You still have to wait for it to harden, otherwise you'll get ridges on your nails like I did.

Next, I wanted to show you my seven China Glaze nail polishes. I don't like these as much as OPI, but I do love these colors. From left to right: Evening Seduction (Vision of Grandeur Collection), For Audrey (2007 Audrey Hepburn Polish) , Avalanche (Winter Ski Collection), Lubu Heels, Below Deck (2011 Anchors Away Collection), Ruby Pumps (Wizard of Ooh Ahz Collection), and Swing Baby (2010 Vintage Vixen Collection).

Lastly are my drugstore and miscellaneous nail polishes. From left to right: Rimmel Steel Gray, Revlon Sheer Rose, Sinful Colors Rich in Heart, Sinful Colors See You Soon, Wet n Wild Sparked, Wet n Wild Blazed, Covergirl Blue You, Revlon Hot for Chocolate, and Rimmel Cafe Au Lait.
Here are more random drugstore and miscellaneous nail polishes. From left to right: Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac, Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, Sally Hansen Blue Me Away!, ELF Dark Navy, ELF Mod Mauve, Wet n Wild Tropicalia, Wet n Wild Candy-licious, Wet n Wild Club Havana, Wet n Wild Sugar Coat, and Wet n Wild Undercover.


Finally, here are the last of my random drugstore and miscellaneous nail polishes. From left to right: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails, Revlon Multi care Base + Top Coat, Rimmel Black Satin, Wet n Wild Through the Grapevines, Wet n Wild Bite the Bullet, and Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment